Spike Clark is a Cardiff-born artist whose work has been exhibited from Europe to Asia and America. Spike has never shied away from addressing nature in his work – he’s been called on by the Museum of London and even Extinction Rebellion to create masterpieces such as The Beasts Of London, and the stunning Grangetown Whale!
Climate Cymru. Climate Cymru is a campaigning organisation based in Wales, gathering voices to ensure that they’re heard by those in powerful positions. Climate Cymru is Wales’ leading campaign focused on COP26, with 200 partner organisations from all sectors of society, campaigning for the things we love and ensuring that leaders know how much people care about our world.
XR Cardiff is the Cardiff based branch of world renowned climate group, extinction rebellion. Extinction Rebellion is a decentralised, international and politically non-partisan movement using non-violent direct action and civil disobedience to persuade governments to act justly on the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
Cardiff Friends of the Earth is part of a movement to create a safer climate, flourishing nature, and healthy air, food and water. They aim to improve the local environment for everyone in their community to enjoy – as well as supporting local and global efforts to protect the planet.
Green Squirrel is a social enterprise offering practical, creative, and inclusive opportunities for individuals and communities to take action on the climate and ecological emergency.
- 2021 is a critical year for the environment and will set the course for the next decade, with countries coming forward to set new climate and nature pledges for 2030.
- Young people are calling for urgent action to address the crises facing nature and the climate. This year will lock in the actions countries will take by 2030.
- Nature and climate are interlinked: climate change is one of the greatest threats to the natural world, but restoring nature can tackle climate change by locking away carbon in healthy ecosystems.
- To put pressure on politicians in the lead up to COP26 to commit to protecting nature
- To increase awareness of issues surrounding local nature + biodiversity
Use our Hashtags
#WildWalls #NaturalKingdom #COP26 #NatureCrisis #ClimateCrisis #UKYouthForNature #YouthForOurPlanet #GenerationRestoration #StreetArt #Kingfisher
Premade Post (for socials)
A new habitat has arrived in Cardiff! This mural is part of @UKYouth4Nature‘s #Natural Kingdom: #WildWalls campaign, aiming to emphasise the links between the #ClimateCrisis and the UK’s #NatureCrisis 🌿 https://youthfornature.uk/natural-kingdom_wild-walls/
Find out more about the kingfisher, featured on this beautiful mural created by Spike Clarke. This mural showcases the habitat of the wetlands, a habitat that is in decline, for reasons including climate change. Campaigns to reduce climate change include the great work of XR Cardiff and Climate Cymru. Conservation efforts are being made to conserve wetland areas in Cardiff such as the wetlands reserve, a biodiversity hotspot in Cardiff Bay.