Our Glasgow artist was the wonderful Ida Henrich, an artist, mural painter, and illustrator whose brilliant works of joy and colour can be seen in different locations across Glasgow, each piece unique and brilliant.
Making noise in such a COP26 focused place, is hard to do but Ida made the UK proud.
RSPB Scotland. This final mural was created in Glasgow Botanic Gardens in collaboration with RSPB Scotland, who are hosting a space there. RSPB is the largest conservation charity in the UK and consistently delivers successful conservation, form impactful new partnerships and inspire others to stand up and give nature a home. The Scottish branch of RSPB manages beautiful habitats across Scotland as part of their nature reserves and works hard to keep habitats and species in good health – as well as educating people how to do this themselves.
The Climate Coalition. The Climate Coalition is the UK’s largest network of people dedicated to action against climate change. With over 19 million supporters, they work to support and amplify voices to show the broad support for climate action.
- 2021 is a critical year for the environment and will set the course for the next decade, with countries coming forward to set new climate and nature pledges for 2030.
- Young people are calling for urgent action to address the crises facing nature and the climate. This year will lock in the actions countries will take by 2030.
- Nature and climate are interlinked: climate change is one of the greatest threats to the natural world, but restoring nature can tackle climate change by locking away carbon in healthy ecosystems.
- To put pressure on politicians in the lead up to COP26 to commit to protecting nature
- To increase awareness of issues surrounding local nature + biodiversity
Use our Hashtags
#WildWalls #NaturalKingdom #COP26 #NatureCrisis #ClimateCrisis #UKYouthForNature #YouthForOurPlanet #GenerationRestoration #StreetArt #Thistle #Forestry
Premade Post (for socials)
A new habitat has arrived in Glasgow! This mural is part of @UKYouth4Nature‘s #Natural Kingdom: #WildWalls campaign, aiming to emphasise the links between the #ClimateCrisis and the UK’s #NatureCrisis 🌿 https://youthfornature.uk/natural-kingdom_wild-walls/
Find out more about the wonderful species featured on this mural, including the Golden Eagle , Scottish Wildcat, Red Squirrel, Pine Marten, Capercaillie and Thistle. This beautiful mural was created by Ida Henrich at the Glasgow botanic gardens, a space hosted by RSPB Scotland and generously funded by the Climate Coalition and Virgin Media O2.